Now Recruiting: Office Specialist
Now more than ever people need to take charge of their health. Come join an organization that is making a difference, a difference in so many lives. DNA of Hope offers years of experience in nutritional and functional medicine. We help recommend solutions that help you live in better health, vitality & joy. We take into account your lifestyle, diet, environment, and even DNA to recommend a tailor-made solution for you.
The Office Specialist must be someone who is passionate at what they do. Passionate means to exceed and excel daily and always looking for ways to be a leader so that the business grows to its best potential.
Some Essential Responsibilities:
- Maintain office efficiency by maintaining appearance of common areas, organizing procedures, handling correspondence, managing filing systems, and overseeing supplies and equipment.Oversee the day-to-day activities of the office as the main point of contact in the reception area, keeping management informed of performance with routine and requested reporting.
- Greeting visitors.
- Responsible for covering employee’s breaks, lunch, etc. for answering the phone or when the phones are busy to help answer the phones.
- Create a calming environment and make sure the patient’s questions are answered.
- Provide direct administrative support, as needed, including scheduling appointments, meetings, and events, booking travel (when needed), maintaining filing system, mailing, and shipping packages, and updating customer database and employee list.
- Maintain and order of office supplies including paper products, pens, etc.
- Maintain and order medical supplies and supplements:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the inventory ordering schedule.
- Responsible for tracking of deliveries of medical supplies and supplements.
Manages disposal of inventory.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining supplement buying program based on vendor sales and volume discounts and reports from owner.
- Responsible for monitor growth and development reports on supplements.
Responsible for sending supplements to be mailed to clients, including but not limited to:
- Setup invoice to clients
- Check correct client shipping address
- Check each supplement packed for accuracy (3xs)
- Tracks packages delivered to clients
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends through QuickBooks weekly, monthly, quarterly, & annually.
- Managing office expenditure and budgets.
- Reply to emails and phone calls regarding customer relationships.
Responsible for all company’s accounts payable/accounts receivable and all banking processes, including but not limited to:
- Process checks (including process in QuickBooks)
- Process credit cards (including entering in PayPal, QuickBooks)
Company taxes due & paid (work with CPA)
Human Resources (HR):
- Responsible for maintaining office staff by recruiting, selecting with approval from CEO/Owner, orienting, and training employees.
- Responsible for maintaining office staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, and planning, monitoring, and performance reviews.
- Responsible for Processing Payroll bi-weekly.Responsible for maintaining personnel files.
- Responsible for disposal of personnel records when required by law.
- Responsible for creating/maintaining Job Descriptions for all employees.
- Responsible for updating/maintaining the Employee Handbook.
- Responsible for ordering new medical equipment and software
- Coordinating flyers for company programs, events, new products, etc. with Advertising person.
- Responsible for all Social Media Marketing (Services).
- Responsible for ordering new office equipment and software.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Some Required Personal Attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of HIPPA-related laws and regulations.
- Be a good team member with others.
Some Position Requirements:
- Associate degree in accounting, required.
- Experience working with Desktop QuickBooks.
- 2 + years of office experience, preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Access, video conference systems, and Outlook (calendar, email, one-drive, etc.).
- Willing to learn Biocanic, electronic medical record software.
- Complete support of and willing adherence to DNA of Hope’s mission, vision, and core values. Applicant must hold these standards as his/her own.
Location will be: 1135 Georgetown Road, Suite 110, Christiana, PA 17509
All qualified individuals may submit a resume and letter of interest to: