HR Manager – Engle Printing & Publishing Co., Inc.
HR Manager – Engle Printing & Publishing Co., Inc. (EPC)
This hands-on position is responsible for leading all company-wide human resources operations, programs, and services. Under the direction of the CEO, the HR Manager will provide direction for recruiting, developing, motivating, and evaluating human capital in order to inspire employee engagement and foster a workplace culture of excellence and prosperity.
Celebrating over 70 years in 2024, the community and family-oriented EPC seeks to continue its tradition of offering quality commercial printing services, community newspapers, and lifestyle/leisure publications while expanding its business and marketing solutions into the online media space.
The Human Resources Manager will oversee the daily functions of the Human Resources (HR) Department and support the business by: recruiting staff, and administering pay, benefits, leave, company policies and practices. This position will impact and influence EPC teams and business operations in the following key areas:
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Lead recruiting activities for exempt and non-exempt positions with job postings, reviewing resumes, interviewing, candidate communication, hiring, onboarding and maintaining the appropriate records.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and compliance with EPC policies and procedures and their communication to the employees.
- Work closely with production management to optimize employee performance in support of business and safety goals.
- Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Coordinate State of Pennsylvania Workers Compensation (WC) program within the company and work closely with the WC Carrier.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, other relevant field of study, or equivalent years of experience. SHRM Certification is a plus.
- 3+ years of progressive HR experience resulting in strong Generalist expertise.
- 2+ years prior recruiting or talent acquisition experience. Experience hiring for hourly roles and shift workers is a plus.
- Effective communicator, able to articulate ideas clearly and concisely in a variety of settings, adjusting the message to match the audience. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers and leadership.
- Knowledge of employee and labor relations laws, regulations, and practices.
- Be available to work a standard schedule at the company office (onsite) coming in at 6 AM two or three days per month to meet with third-shift supervisors, managers and staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or GSuite with documents, spreadsheets, presentations, email and video conferencing.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, financial reports or
- governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages.
This Is Not A Remote Position
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please submit a letter of application addressing qualifications outlined in this opportunity profile, a complete resume, and a 1-2 page statement of the candidate’s professional experience in human resources.
Send all materials here: E-mail HR Team