Hershocks Inc. is committed to understanding, meeting and exceeding their customer’s expectations. As one of the largest glazing subcontractors in Central Pennsylvania, providing a comprehensive and technically expert range of services related to the design, installation, and service of windows, glass, architectural panels, and more. Hershocks has been a market leader committed to safety, quality, integrity, family, and community since 1935.
Still family-owned and operated, Hershocks is a winner in the small company category for “Best Places to Work in PA 2023” Come join them as they approach their 90 year milestone!
We have been retained to seek a controller to oversee all the accounting functions, accounting staff and provide financial reporting to the Hershocks Management Team. As a management team member, this position reports to the President. The ideal candidate will have experience as an accountant, controller or financial manager in the construction industry, preferably in a senior role. They will also provide financial direction and support to operational divisions to aid in their continued growth.
The controller will lead in alignment with Hershocks’ Mission-Vision-Values statements and facilitate an atmosphere where the talents and abilities of the employees are put to the best use and support the industry-leading service Hershocks is known for.
- Lead the accounting staff to ensure adherence to GAAP, strong internal controls, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Direct the accounting team with leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity. Provide continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors).
- Create and maintain the annual company-wide budget.
- Deliver weekly Work-In-Progress (WIP) analysis and report; review cash flow and cash position reports as provided by accounting staff.
- Provide financial direction and support at weekly Hershocks Management Team meetings, Large Contract Division meeting and Service Division meeting. Initiate and execute all month-end processes, reconciliation and updates.
- Record all monthly Work-In-Progress entries. Deliver monthly balance sheet and income statement. Responsible for the monthly update to the Management Team and Owners on the budget, backlog analysis, key financial indicators and ratios.
- Build and maintain a relationship with their CPA firm throughout the year to prepare for the year-end audit and taxes.
- Procure all financing and maintain banking and insurance relationships.
Oversee the pension plan and maintain relationships with plan providers.
- Work with legal partners to manage legal risks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting (or equivalent in related field).
- Five (5) or more years of experience in public and/or corporate accounting as a senior-level accounting or finance manager.
- Complete support of and willing adherence to Hershocks’ mission, vision and core values; applicants must hold these standards as his/her own.
- Exemplary history of financial project management
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Accounting experience at a construction company or experience serving construction clients is highly preferred.
- Professional certification, such as CPA (certified public accountant) or CA (chartered accountant) is nice to have.
- Health Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Vacation / Holidays
This Is Not A Remote Position
Hershocks Commercial Glass and Glazing
3501 N. 6th Street
Harrisburg, PA 17011
Hershocks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
All qualified individuals may submit a resume and letter of interest to: