Human Resource Generalist
Den-Wil is a Brookings, South Dakota based hospitality, residential leasing, construction and development company that creates and maintains diverse projects addressing needs of the Brookings market. Den-Wil continuously earns recognition for undertaking large, innovative projects, that enhance growing the Brookings and South Dakota State University community. Den-Wil is able to achieve this by recognizing that their employees are Den-Wil’s greatest assets and every employee plays an important part in our success.
Like any great team, they are comprised of different people from different backgrounds fulfilling different roles. These differences make them strong and their strength aids in delivering a superior customer experience.
All great teams are built on respect for their teammates. Den-Wil is built on that same respect. By respecting what each person brings to Den-Wil, they achieve great things together with all employees.
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) Department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Some Essential Responsibilities:
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for all hourly and salaried open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- May assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to:
- Benefits and leave
- Disciplinary matters
- Disputes and investigations
- Performance and talent management
- Productivity, recognition, and morale
- Occupational health and safety, and
- Training and development
- Organization’s Job Descriptions
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
Some Required Personal Attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Associates degree or higher in Human Resources or Business Administration, or related field required.
- SHRM Certification a plus.
- At least two years of human resource management experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, video conference systems, and Outlook (calendar, email, one-drive, etc.).
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS, QuickBooks.
- Willing to travel to company sites in the Brookings area.
- Complete support of and willing adherence to Den-Wil’s mission, vision, and core values. Applicant must hold these standards as his/her own.
Location: Brookings, SD
Relocation Costs Not Provided
Cover letter should include why you should be considered for the position, what makes you the best candidate, and how you will advance the growth of the Den-Wil organization.
Send your confidential inquiry to Email HR Team no later than August 30, 2020.