Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) overview
In HIS Name HR offers the administration of the MBTI either in Individual or Team formats. Using In HIS Name HR as a tool, with our certification as a MBTI Administrator combined with our many years of hands on experience, can help you discover both your and your Team’s unique personalities and contributions to your organization.
What is the MBTI?
The MBTI is the world’s most popular psychological testing instrument. It has been continually developed and updated for over 50 years. Currently, over 50 million people have taken it. Each year more than three million people complete the MBTI in one of several available languages.
The instrument is based on Swiss psychologist Carl Jung’s theory of psychological type, which, very basically put, states that differences in behavior result from our natural tendency to use our minds in different ways and, as we develop patterns of behavior, we further reinforce them. Through his study of people, Jung developed three of the four psychological preferences that are used today by the MBTI. Myers and Briggs added a fourth after spending considerable time studying Jung’s work and reassessing their own observations.
Download a Free MBTI Sample Report Here:
How can the MBTI help your business?
In the organizational arena, the most common uses for the MBTI are to support:
- Leadership development
- Team development
- Conflict management
- Improving communication
- Managing change
- Recognizing and managing stress
- Decision making
What is the benefit of using the MBTI?
The MBTI is a tool designed to develop organizational performance. It can be used for not only individuals, but also in a team, departmental, or organization-wide setting.
The MBTI tool:
- Is reliable, valid, cost effective, and easy to use
- Offers a well-developed logical model that is consistent with human behavior
- Reduces interpersonal conflict through applying an objective, rational framework
- Emphasizes the need for and value of diversity
- Identifies the assets and blind spots of your individuals, teams and organizational units
- Helps to develop a clearer understanding of your organizational culture or character
- Helps people clarify the fit between their work roles and their personal preferences
- May only be conducted following strict ethical guidelines by qualified (certified) administrators
Download a Free MBTI Types Chart Here:
What are the benefits to individuals taking the MBTI?
The MBTI can be used to enhance personal productivity and relations. It can also be used to support career counseling and coaching.
The MBTI tool:
- Helps us understand ourselves better
- Provides support to understand the reasons why we sometimes conflict with others
- Shows how our differences from those around us can create strong bonds
- Helps us to clarify our work and personal preferences
- Helps improve communication
- Helps reduce conflict and stress by offering a neutral language
- Provides insights for improving motivation and restoring vitality
Download a Free Most Chart Here: